MassBay Community College’s student Computer Labs are primarily for academic use.
Below are some key rules about which all students should be aware:
You are responsible for all activities conducted on your MassBay credentials.
- Do not give your MassBay password to anyone. If you believe someone is using your MassBay password, change it or contact the IT Help Desk for support.
- Do not log on for anyone else (including relatives and friends)
- Never purposely engage in any activity that might be harmful to the systems or the network. Examples include propagating viruses, disrupting services, or attempting to bypass security settings.
- ALWAYS log out before leaving the Computer Lab.
You are responsible for your personal property in the computer labs.
- Do not leave personal items unattended in the lab. All lost items found by staff will be turned into Public Safety. Public Safety does have video monitoring in the computer labs.
Be considerate of others in the Computer Lab.
- Academic and educational activities have priority in the computer labs – during high demand periods, lab computers are only to be used for academic purposes
- Please use headphones or earbuds whenever possible.
- Please switch you phone to silent mode.
- When speaking with others in the labs please keep your voice lowered.
- Drinks are allowed in sealed or covered containers.
- There is no food allowed in any computer lab
The IT Help Desk for Wellesley Hills is located in room 242F (rear of main computer lab) and for Framingham it is in the library. Please contact them in person with any lab related concerns or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you quickly.
For a complete list of the MassBay Computer Rules, see the MassBay Community College Student Handbook.